News:

• February 01, 2023, 10:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GS-EDRV 100 and Domore  (Read 2764 times)

hex1

GS-EDRV 100 and Domore
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:15:21 PM »
HI,
    I am new to networking GS drives.
I have a GS-EDRV100 ( no serial cable), GS2-10P5 drive connected to a DOMORE H2DM1E Cpu.

I read the GS drive manual and configured it to work from Rs485
Set the address of the GS-EDRV100 and connected the RJ12 serial cable( the one which comes with the EA-MG_PGM-CBL)

Configured the DOMORE but cannot see the drive under the memory tab( I followed the online video)
When I do a download the CPU goes into ERROR " The Ethernet I/O master is reporting a critical error, most likely a slave is offline- $EthMasterError(ST153", I then have to clear the CPU memory.

Looking at the GS-EDRV100, when powered up initially all lights 6 blink, 3 are off (STA,ERR,RXD)

Is it something wrong with the GS-EDRV100 or is it the wrong cable?

If it is the cable, does any one have the pin layoput/arrangement so i can make one

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
Re: GS-EDRV 100 and Domore
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
The GSEDRV-100 needs to communicate with the drive immediately after rebooting to know which drive to configure for. Until it has done so it will not establish comms with the Ethernet Master. Once it figures out who it's talking to, the serial cable can be pulled and it treated as a warning by the CPU, rather than an error.

So...CPU can't talk to the GSEDRV_100 and the RXD light isn't flashing: sounds like the serial cable. I don't have a pinout handy, but looking at the cable on my desk it appears to be straight through...1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

hex1

Re: GS-EDRV 100 and Domore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
BobO,
You are correct, it was a cable problem(straight through)after all.
Thanks