Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Controls Guy on December 15, 2023, 11:29:54 AM

Title: Comment Editor Unavailable
Post by: Controls Guy on December 15, 2023, 11:29:54 AM
So I was working on what was originally on online project, saved to disk and disconnected from PLC.   Put the cursor on a rung I wanted to comment and hit Ctrl-k.   Nothing.   Went to the tools menu, and it was grayed out.

Turned it off and back on again  ;D  (shut down DMD restarted and reopened the PRJ), and still no joy.

What could disable comments?   Don't think I've ever seen that before.   Not a huge commenter, so it might have been there a while, or not, I have no idea.
Title: Re: Comment Editor Unavailable
Post by: franji1 on December 15, 2023, 01:14:07 PM
Edit mode.  Ctrl+E.

There is a Ladder View option to always start in Edit mode.  For some reason, I bet it's turned OFF.  Turn it ON and it shouldn't happen again.
Title: Re: Comment Editor Unavailable
Post by: Controls Guy on December 15, 2023, 02:42:13 PM
Yup, that was it!   Thanks!