Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: AC on November 17, 2023, 08:27:22 AM

Title: Encoutered Improper Argument when deleting Memory Block
Post by: AC on November 17, 2023, 08:27:22 AM
I currently have several UDT's and I created a memory block from them. I edited the Structure with a more advanced one to replace it but I get a terminal error every time I try the following....

Any suggestions?  I also have to terminate the program once I get this error via task manager as it locks up.
Title: Re: Encoutered Improper Argument when deleting Memory Block
Post by: franji1 on November 17, 2023, 09:40:29 AM
Yes - you need to remove any related Memory Images before modifying a UDT definition.  Bad things can happen.  That is one of the holes I am trying to fix for 2.10.

Before modifying your UDT, you can capture the values in a Memory View after writing the Memory Image to a PLC.  However, there currently is no way to "import" that data back in.  You will have to re-enter those values after modifying your UDT.