Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: mhw on November 01, 2023, 03:55:25 PM

Title: Will not return to run on power interruption
Post by: mhw on November 01, 2023, 03:55:25 PM
I have a BX-DM1E with two remote bases (BX-DMIO). The PLC will not go back to run mode after a power interruption. The mode switch is in run mode but must be cycled to stop and then run to get it back in run mode. I suspect that it has something to do with the remote bases not powering on soon enough. The configuration is set to "Slave must be online to enter run mode". If I change this will the slaves start working without cycling the mode switch or is there another way to get it in run mode automatically?
Title: Re: Will not return to run on power interruption
Post by: franji1 on November 01, 2023, 04:14:19 PM
I have a BX-DM1E with two remote bases (BX-DMIO). The PLC will not go back to run mode after a power interruption. The mode switch is in run mode but must be cycled to stop and then run to get it back in run mode. I suspect that it has something to do with the remote bases not powering on soon enough. The configuration is set to "Slave must be online to enter run mode". If I change this will the slaves start working without cycling the mode switch or is there another way to get it in run mode automatically?

If a PLC is ever in Program mode, the only way to get it back to RUN is via Designer software (if mode switch is in Terminal position), or via the mechanical Mode switch on the PLC itself.

You could change that setting, then within the Ladder Logic in RUN mode, monitor the $EthIOMaster.Error bit, and be able to put the PLC from RUN to PROGRAM mode (opposite direction) by using that bit and whatever logic combination (e.g. remains in error for 30 seconds) to drive a STOP instruction (this puts the PLC into PROGRAM mode).
Title: Re: Will not return to run on power interruption
Post by: mhw on November 02, 2023, 01:57:55 PM
That appears to fix the problem.
Thanks franji1