Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: ryanastiefes on January 31, 2022, 05:30:58 PM

Title: Automate IO Re-initialize PLC IO
Post by: ryanastiefes on January 31, 2022, 05:30:58 PM
Is there anyway to enable a Re-Initialize I/O based on a ModbusTcpServer.ActiveConnections in ladder.
I have 17 SCADA sites that all communicate via Modbus TCP over 900mhz radio's and works great, but every week or so my SCADA software indicates a communication failure. The comm link is active as I am able to reach the PLC remotely over the same radio comms and I'm able to enable a Re-Initialize I/O, Modbus TCP comms fire up and I'm in business for another week. 
I've been fighting this for a little over a year now going back and forth with Kepware and Ignition and just recently found out about the Re-Intialize I/O which is a great hack, but why is the failure occuring?


BRX PLC
Latest Firmware of 2.8 but has had problems since 2.7
PLC's, Radio's, and Server are located on the same subnet
Title: Re: Automate IO Re-initialize PLC IO
Post by: BobO on January 31, 2022, 06:21:24 PM
2.9 is out soon. Should fix that.