Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: clyleadams on September 18, 2020, 06:42:07 PM

Title: Kudos for Do-More
Post by: clyleadams on September 18, 2020, 06:42:07 PM
Just upgraded a machine that makes boxes using the DO-more & 36p BRX.  The machine HAD AB PLC5's and a proprietary "Set-up" computer that handled the axis motion.  I replaced four PLC5's and the entire "computer based axis positioning system" with 6 BRX and 5 C-more touchscreens that easily handle the whole thing.... 33 encoder axes and all of the regular I/O functions as well as delivering email production reports and real time production data.  The Peerlink function makes it really easy to implement bi-directional information passing without a bunch of read/write instructions.  Awesome capabilities and super fast processors.  Good Job!
Title: Re: Kudos for Do-More
Post by: Garyhlucas on September 20, 2020, 09:30:23 AM
That is really good to hear and encouraging. I am building the controls for a CNC drilling machine using ?only? 3 BRX 36 I/O PLCs and PeerLink.
Title: Re: Kudos for Do-More
Post by: BobO on September 21, 2020, 10:39:08 AM
Just upgraded a machine that makes boxes using the DO-more & 36p BRX.  The machine HAD AB PLC5's and a proprietary "Set-up" computer that handled the axis motion.  I replaced four PLC5's and the entire "computer based axis positioning system" with 6 BRX and 5 C-more touchscreens that easily handle the whole thing.... 33 encoder axes and all of the regular I/O functions as well as delivering email production reports and real time production data.  The Peerlink function makes it really easy to implement bi-directional information passing without a bunch of read/write instructions.  Awesome capabilities and super fast processors.  Good Job!

Thank you for the kind words! Sounds like quite a system!