Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: MBAutomation on September 15, 2020, 11:44:53 PM
-
Hello,
I am needing some help with two motors running on an X-axis, and a Y-Axis. The X-axis is running on a pulley with a timing belt, the Y-axis is running a lead screw. They sit on top of each other and they are supposed to work together. Both are using Pulse burst positioning with the HSIO card.
The move I am currently trying to do is a circular motion, I am using the AXSCRIPT to do so.
I am getting more of an oblong shape due to the differences in lead screw and belt.
What I need is a move that will allow me to basically have an AXSCRIPT that allows 2 axis to run synchronously with two different speeds.
Will the AXCAM allow me to do this? I currently have about 30 commands that each axis hits in order to pull this move off, but, again the difference in both won't allow it. I have tried the AXGEAR, but this cuts short my Y-Axis moves almost to a 1/3 of the length it needs to travel.
Any help is very appreciated.
Thank you
-
I?d probably need more info to say definitively, but yes, AXCAM can do circles.
-
Isn't there a count /unit scale factor per axis that keeps the gear ratios under the hood and lets you program in people scale and not motor scale?
-
The best way to do this is to use Axis0 (virtual axis) as the "angle" of your circle. Then use 2 AXCAM instructions w/the 2 X/Y axis being mastered by Axis0 (the angle).
You can then use an AXPOSTRAP/SCRV/AXVEL/AXSCRIPT on the Axis0 to "move" the angle as desired, with the X/Y Axis "camming" to Axis0's "angle" position.
-
I did one (no actual mechanics or wired I/O, just the ladder logic running in the PLC) a couple years ago.
It uses an offset circle. Center is at (10000, 10000) with radius of 10000, so the range is from 0 to 20000 in both X and Y directions.
Attached is the X (SIN) AXCAM using Axis1. Note that the green "velocity" curve approximates COS (derivative of SIN is +COS).
The "Master" Axis0 is rotary of hundredths of a degree (0 to 36000, or technically 35999, since it wraps around back to 0 in rotary mode).
-
I did one (no actual mechanics or wired I/O, just the ladder logic running in the PLC) a couple years ago.
It uses an offset circle. Center is at (10000, 10000) with radius of 10000, so the range is from 0 to 20000 in both X and Y directions.
Attached is the X (SIN) AXCAM using Axis1. Note that the green "velocity" curve approximates COS (derivative of SIN is +COS).
The "Master" Axis0 is rotary of hundredths of a degree (0 to 36000, or technically 35999, since it wraps around back to 0 in rotary mode).
And if I recall, building the profile without using 0, 90, 180, and 270 as reference points produces a smoother result. I think some of the single precision trig functions get crunchy.
-
The best way to do this is to use Axis0 (virtual axis) as the "angle" of your circle. Then use 2 AXCAM instructions w/the 2 X/Y axis being mastered by Axis0 (the angle).
You can then use an AXPOSTRAP/SCRV/AXVEL/AXSCRIPT on the Axis0 to "move" the angle as desired, with the X/Y Axis "camming" to Axis0's "angle" position.
Could I talk you into making a mockup of this? I'm not exactly sure how to do this, or what you mean by this.
I'm trying to make about a 6 inch circle. Can you make a theoretical layout?
-
Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate the help.
Is there some kind of informational text I can read on this? I can do simple moves, but when it comes to stuff like a circle... its a little too complex for me.
Thanks again.
I can provide more information on this if it will help, like the excel spread sheet of moves. Or screen shots.