Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: JeffS on September 14, 2020, 06:21:13 PM

Title: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: JeffS on September 14, 2020, 06:21:13 PM
So I have a Do-more CPU in a 205 base with a Ecom100 to bridge networks.  The Ecom100 is used for modbus for clients to pull data from the Do-more.   I found that this actually pulls from the DLV memory rather than the Do-more Modbus memory which threw me for a minute.  The question I have is what memory ranges can I access with modbus through this Ecom100?  DLV0-DLV177776 or DLV0-DLV23416?

Thanks
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: franji1 on September 14, 2020, 11:27:11 PM
The H2-ECOM100 is a DirectLOGIC module when interfacing with DirectLOGIC protocol or Modbus/TCP protocol (but it also supports the Do-more protocol).  Hence, when it gets a Modbus request, it utilizes the infamous Modbus Mapping mechanism of the DirectLOGIC PLCs.  When the ECOM100 receives a Modbus request via the Ethernet port, it does the Modbus->DirectLOGIC mapping then actually does DL requests across the backplane (not Modbus, not Do-more).  The Do-more PLC, seeing the DirectLOGIC request from that slot, then maps those DL protocol requests into the specific DLV, DLC, DLX, or DLY memory in the Do-more.

You can expand the DLV, DLC, DLX, and DLY memory in the Do-more to as large as what the DirectLOGIC PLC supports (anything larger is not addressable via DL communications).

If there's any area of "V" memory in the "spreadsheet" that maps to DL's Stage or GX/GY memory, that area is not supported by Do-more.  I do not have a link to that Modbus/DL Memory spreadsheet, but someone else can probably point you to it if you do not already have it.
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: Greg on September 22, 2020, 05:57:01 PM
So I have a Do-more CPU in a 205 base with a Ecom100 to bridge networks.  The Ecom100 is used for modbus for clients to pull data from the Do-more.   I found that this actually pulls from the DLV memory rather than the Do-more Modbus memory which threw me for a minute.  The question I have is what memory ranges can I access with modbus through this Ecom100?  DLV0-DLV177776 or DLV0-DLV23416?

Thanks
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: brucek on September 23, 2020, 07:30:27 AM
Are Inputs really DLY and coils DLX? Or is that a typo?
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: franji1 on September 23, 2020, 08:52:11 AM
Typo.  Except I think the headers are wrong.  Coils are DLY and DLC.  Inputs are DLX.  You can read and write coils in Modbus.  You can only read inputs.  Hence DLY/DLC you can read/write, but you can only read DLXs.
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: Greg on September 23, 2020, 12:00:43 PM
Are Inputs really DLY and coils DLX? Or is that a typo?

OMGarsh... those headings have been switched forever! Sorry about that. It is as franj said. I'll fix it and repost. Good catch.
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: Greg on September 24, 2020, 09:21:10 AM
Correction of the pic above...
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: Bolt on September 24, 2020, 12:35:52 PM
Now all you gotta change is the last line:

**Notice both Input & OutputHolding Registers address DLV
Title: Re: Do-more CPU Modbus with Ecom100
Post by: Greg on September 25, 2020, 11:36:45 AM
Now all you gotta change is the last line:

**Notice both Input & OutputHolding Registers address DLV

LOL... yep. I did it. So, when it is downloaded from our website, it will have both the above corrections.

Thanks guys!