Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: jcb on July 28, 2020, 03:43:58 PM

Title: BX-DMIO-M-D and HSIO
Post by: jcb on July 28, 2020, 03:43:58 PM
I just figured out that I can't use an HSIO module on remote IO which is a bummer.

We can still use the old school H4-EBC's with the ERM and a H2-Do-more so i was kind of surprised I couldn't do it with the newer stuff?

Any plans to get this working? I only have one more open spot on my Base PLC but will be out of modules after that. This is a new build so I'm probably going to shift the 6 32 bit I/O modules over to the DMIO and put it in the same rack so I don't run into a problem later if we add a few more encoders.

What are other guys out there doing once you run out of I/O modules on your main unit and need to add High Speed Counters.

Thanks
John.


Title: Re: BX-DMIO-M-D and HSIO
Post by: BobO on July 28, 2020, 04:02:04 PM
I just figured out that I can't use an HSIO module on remote IO which is a bummer.

We can still use the old school H4-EBC's with the ERM and a H2-Do-more so i was kind of surprised I couldn't do it with the newer stuff?

Any plans to get this working? I only have one more open spot on my Base PLC but will be out of modules after that. This is a new build so I'm probably going to shift the 6 32 bit I/O modules over to the DMIO and put it in the same rack so I don't run into a problem later if we add a few more encoders.

What are other guys out there doing once you run out of I/O modules on your main unit and need to add High Speed Counters.

Thanks
John.

The HSIOx class of module is a much different technology than CTRIOs. Supporting them in remote bases is not viable without significant restrictions. We chose not to support H4-EBC in Do-more's Ethernet I/O because it requires features in the EBC100 that are not available on the EBC.

Most users use a BRX CPU as I/O and comm to it with Modbus/TCP or DLRX/WX.
Title: Re: BX-DMIO-M-D and HSIO
Post by: jcb on July 28, 2020, 07:04:55 PM
Thanks Bob.

I just moved the 6 discrete modules over to a DMIO in the same panel and am pulling control wires to the Encoder cabinet. I now only have 2 Local modules on the Main PLC Brick so I should be fine moving forward on this project. 

Thanks Again.
John.