Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: brucek on June 19, 2020, 07:04:52 AM

Title: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: brucek on June 19, 2020, 07:04:52 AM
I think its a laptop problem but thought i'd ask here. I'm running windows 7 and have Do-more 2.7.4 and when i open it i can't seem to keep it open for more then a few minutes. IT as working fine on Tuesday but Wednesday it started closing on its own. I have a help ticket into our IT dept but I'm not a huge priority it seems, until a plant goes down. Computer is running slow so i'm thinking its a possible hard drive issue but i can't run a chkdsk because i don't have the permissions. Just noticed in here i can't right click on the little red squiggly lines and get the menu to appear the fix spelling or capitols.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still does the same thing.
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: Garyhlucas on June 19, 2020, 01:31:50 PM
Paging Franj1,
You helped ME with this exact problem and I'll be damned if I can remember what we found so I can help him!
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: franji1 on June 19, 2020, 02:21:05 PM
It sounds like a hardware issue (harddrive, running slow).  Since it worked fine, then quit working, gotta address h/w first.  It's hard to fix a hardware issue via software.

OP's IT should have an answer for that.
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: brucek on June 22, 2020, 08:16:57 AM
Getting me a new laptop and the hard drive is running slow.
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: franji1 on June 22, 2020, 09:30:13 AM
Getting me a new laptop and the hard drive is running slow.

Let us know when you get the new laptop and Designer installed and fill us in on how it's working (one way or the other).
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: brucek on June 25, 2020, 07:08:57 AM
Got my new laptop and works like a charm.
Title: Re: Do more 2.7.4 closing on me in 10 s or up to a few mins
Post by: franji1 on June 25, 2020, 08:54:45 AM
Got my new laptop and works like a charm.

Great!