Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on September 06, 2019, 01:20:40 PM
-
If I'm using a POM with DHCP for ethernet connectivity, does the DNS resolution for the server address work in the MQTT Client device?
I've just found out that DNSLOOKUP and PING don't work with the POM so I'm trying to catch all the other items that won't work too. What did I miss?
Thanks, Andrew.
-
The ECOMLT is a subset of the ECOM100. It is s co-processor that is just for programming and HMI. It is not adding another Ethernet port to the CPU.
-
Oh dear, that's very bad news. To be honest I'm only using it as a workaround because there's no DHCP support for @IntEthernet.
Did you decide whether or not you'd add DHCP support for the internal ethernet interface, and if so do you have any kind of ETA? It looks as though my project's on hold until that's available.
-
Oh dear, that's very bad news. To be honest I'm only using it as a workaround because there's no DHCP support for @IntEthernet.
Did you decide whether or not you'd add DHCP support for the internal ethernet interface, and if so do you have any kind of ETA? It looks as though my project's on hold until that's available.
No ETA. Right now we are extremely busy and it isn't trivial.
-
Ok. Thanks for the response. I'll have the customer go with a different solution for now.
Andrew.
-
You might be able to do some kind of hack to let the ECOMLT fetch an address, then configure the internal port with that address and de-configure the ECOMLT.
-
You might be able to do some kind of hack to let the ECOMLT fetch an address, then configure the internal port with that address and de-configure the ECOMLT.
I love the way you think Bob. The use-case won't allow for 2 ethernet cables or a local switch but thanks for the hackery.