Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: calliefrance on August 29, 2019, 11:16:39 AM
-
Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I'm looking for how to use a bit of a word.
For instance in DirectSoft I have B607.0, how is that now referred to in DoMore Designer?
-
Do-more has very powerful casting mechanism. For bit of word in a numeric, just use the normal name (not B) followed by : then bit number (0 is Least Significant Bit)
V0:0 LSBit of V0
R42:31 MSBit of R42 (R is 32 bit IEEE floating point)
The Element Browser (F9, then F9 again if it didn't show up) has a Cast Builder helper. At the bottom right of the Element Browser, hit the Show Cast Builder button and this shows you how to cast just about any type to any type, e.g. DLV to REAL or MHR to Signed DWORD or X to Unsigned WORD or ...
-
I forgot, there is a short training video for that.
Help->Browse Videos
In the Search box, type cast. This should list the videos related to cast. Just double click on the specific video you want to watch.
-
Oh, and casting works in Data View and Trend View, not just as programming elements.