Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: jwbaker3 on August 29, 2019, 08:57:53 AM
-
I had DMD 2.6 installed and did the upgrade to the latest ver. After the upgrade DMD will lockup and pause for 10 to 200 seconds, all of the other programs work fine. I looked on task manager and the DMD was not responding. I uninstall it this morning and downloaded the file and installed it fresh, I hope this resolves the problem. I just wanted to let you know incase I am not the only one to have the problem. Again I am hoping it was a problem with the upgrade vs new install.
Thanks,
JW
-
Were you upgrading from 2.5 or the original 2.6 to 2.6.2?
-
FROM 2.6 TO 2.6.2 When I started DMD told me there were update so I let the system install them.
JW
-
Try it after each of these
1. Reboot
2. Reinstall "As Administrator", i.e. right click on the Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator; when given the option, select REPAIR; go ahead and reboot
3. Same as step #2, except Disable your Antivirus software before running the Setup again (unplug from the Internet if your IT Nazis don't like that idea)
4. Rename your DmDComm.rst file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Do-more\Designer2_6\Bin. If this fixes it, let us know and email that file to support at hosteng.com
-
Ok, I tried the repair, rebooted and it is acting much better. I'll let you know if I have any more issues. I sent the Email with the file attached to the support address.
Thanks,
JW
-
Sounds like an install issue that you were able to resolve. Very good.