Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on August 24, 2019, 03:18:00 PM

Title: Breakpoints in the debugger
Post by: Andrew S on August 24, 2019, 03:18:00 PM
Is there any chance we may see breakpoints in debug mode? Now that we're using stage programming it makes sense (to me) to be able to stop execution at a particular stage (or better yet, rung) so that variables can be inspected. I know that we can disable stages and there's always END but if I just want to look at something as it iterates through a loop (for example) I'd love to be able to stop execution at a particular rung, inspect my values, and then move on to the next iteration.

Andrew.

Title: Re: Breakpoints in the debugger
Post by: BobO on August 25, 2019, 02:41:53 PM
Is there any chance we may see breakpoints in debug mode? Now that we're using stage programming it makes sense (to me) to be able to stop execution at a particular stage (or better yet, rung) so that variables can be inspected. I know that we can disable stages and there's always END but if I just want to look at something as it iterates through a loop (for example) I'd love to be able to stop execution at a particular rung, inspect my values, and then move on to the next iteration.

Andrew.

Never put much thought into it, but I suppose it could be done.

For stage I always add a contact to gate the transition condition and hold it at a particular state until I've seen what I needed to see. Makes it easy to step through sequences in human time.
Title: Re: Breakpoints in the debugger
Post by: Andrew S on August 25, 2019, 03:42:48 PM
I hadn't thought of doing it that way. I'll give it a go.