Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on August 23, 2019, 01:45:42 PM

Title: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: Andrew S on August 23, 2019, 01:45:42 PM
I've not managed to figure out how to map an address from an error message to the line of code that's causing it. What am I missing?
For instance, if I get an error "Operation timed out in STREAMIN @000000B1" how do I know which STREAMIN command is causing that error?

Thanks, Andrew.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: BobO on August 23, 2019, 02:28:30 PM
I've not managed to figure out how to map an address from an error message to the line of code that's causing it. What am I missing?
For instance, if I get an error "Operation timed out in STREAMIN @000000B1" how do I know which STREAMIN command is causing that error?

Thanks, Andrew.

I usually just click the 'Goto' button in the Info dialog. Barring that, the Goto dialog (Ctrl^G) has an address option.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: Andrew S on August 23, 2019, 02:35:16 PM
Gotcha. I'd tried that but what threw me was that I couldn't input a hex address. Once I converted it to decimal it works just fine.

Any chance of a toggle in the Goto dialog to allow Hex value input? That would save me from having to translate it each time.

Andrew.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: BobO on August 23, 2019, 02:47:47 PM
Gotcha. I'd tried that but what threw me was that I couldn't input a hex address. Once I converted it to decimal it works just fine.

Any chance of a toggle in the Goto dialog to allow Hex value input? That would save me from having to translate it each time.

Andrew.

Is the info dialog not a much easier answer?
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: BobO on August 23, 2019, 02:55:21 PM
And to add to the Info dialog thing, all you have to do is click the yellow "Warning" on the status bar. It takes you straight to the status page of the info dialog, where double clicking on the error line will take you to the code.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: Andrew S on August 23, 2019, 04:35:36 PM
Yes it's easier. Thanks Bob.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: BobO on August 23, 2019, 04:45:22 PM
Yes it's easier. Thanks Bob.

And I wasn't trying to be snarky about it, just wanted to make sure that you knew what was there...thus preventing us from doing work to give you a poorer solution than what you already have. ;)

The only time I have personally ever used the goto address was to debug an internal controller issue, where all I had was a raw global address.
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: Andrew S on August 23, 2019, 05:41:54 PM
It's all good. I'd looked at that screen previously but hadn't joined the dots. Every day I learn something :)
Title: Re: Mapping ERR message addresses to ladder code
Post by: BobO on August 23, 2019, 05:46:07 PM
It's all good. I'd looked at that screen previously but hadn't joined the dots. Every day I learn something :)

I honestly wish users asked more questions. We don't know what they don't know (or need) until they ask, and they often learn something when they do...win/win.