Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: davidbgtx on August 08, 2019, 03:04:23 PM
-
When I generate new image or refresh contents of all regions from PLC, the Read PLC and Write PLC "turn on" as if I have made a program change and should upload/download. I thought it should only generate image to save to disk.
-
I agree. Which sub portion (P, S, or D) is lighting?
-
D, half blue, half green
-
There might be some info about the presence or state of the image stashed in the doc section. It isn't storing the data state though.
Franj?
-
That was added when we integrated the Memory Image as part of the Project Download. Hence whenever you make changes to the Memory Image, the Project Download dialog becomes "enabled". It used to be completely separate, and not very intuitive to know how/when to do it. This makes it more obvious how/when.
For some situations when you change the Memory Image definition or its contents, you DO want to update the PLC (hence the flag). Obviously, this is not always the case, but for some situations, it is.
As Bob mentioned, it should only show the "documentation" as being changed, but the documentation is only flagging the fact that the Memory Image is "different" (neither the Memory Image definition nor the contents are part of the documentation).