Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: ATU on August 07, 2019, 01:35:04 PM

Title: Trend Viewer is a Life Saver
Post by: ATU on August 07, 2019, 01:35:04 PM
Just used the Trend viewer for the first time on some very tricky logic timing. Saved the day.
Title: Re: Trend Viewer is a Life Saver
Post by: Controls Guy on August 07, 2019, 03:06:44 PM
I love that thing to death.  Also using a screenshot utility to save trends for sharing or later review.    Yeah, I know you can save the data too, but the visual is often adequate.
Title: Re: Trend Viewer is a Life Saver
Post by: franji1 on August 07, 2019, 03:24:35 PM
I love that thing to death.  Also using a screenshot utility to save trends for sharing or later review.    Yeah, I know you can save the data too, but the visual is often adequate.

You know you can archive the trend view (not just the CSV data), then "import" it back into Designer and use the Trend View to re-visualize all the data at w/exact time stamps.
It's basically a permanent Historical Trend View of that archive.

Just hit the RECORD button on the Trend View.  Then hit STOP at some later point in time.  You will be prompted to save as either/both a Trend Archive or as CSV text.

Later, in another Designer session, do File->Import->Trend Archive.  It loads it as a pseudo-project file with no program and the historical Trend View that you can scroll, zoom, click, analyze, whatever.
Title: Re: Trend Viewer is a Life Saver
Post by: Controls Guy on August 07, 2019, 04:12:18 PM
You know you can archive the trend view (not just the CSV data), then "import" it back into Designer and use the Trend View to re-visualize all the data at w/exact time stamps.
It's basically a permanent Historical Trend View of that archive.

Just hit the RECORD button on the Trend View.  Then hit STOP at some later point in time.  You will be prompted to save as either/both a Trend Archive or as CSV text.

Later, in another Designer session, do File->Import->Trend Archive.  It loads it as a pseudo-project file with no program and the historical Trend View that you can scroll, zoom, click, analyze, whatever.

That's good to know!  I'm sure I'll use that at times now that I know about it, but if I'm sure I'm only looking to keep the visual for a qualitative look (and for sharing with people in an email and people who don't have Designer) then saving direct as an image is fewer steps.