Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: jwbaker3 on August 06, 2019, 10:13:53 AM
-
Is it possible to unicast the analog input on the BRX BX-DM1E-18ER3-D built-in analog to get 65535 count from a 4/20ma or 0-10vdc input like we can do with the DL205 DoMore CPU? If not will the BX-04AD-1 allow unicasting the input value to 65535?
Thanks,
JW
-
I don't think "unicast" is the term you are looking for, but if you are trying to get a full 16 bit unsigned value, the BX-04AD-1 will do what you want.
Is the issue that you are wanting full 16 bit resolution for the 4-20ma range, or are you simply wanting it scaled to 0-65535?
-
I need 16 bit. Unicast is obviously not the right word (if you don't know it, and you guys wrote the software) I am talking about unipolar data example: WX1:U cast to get the 65535 count from the 4/20ma input. (U cast not unicast) I was wanting to use the analog on the BRX BX18 (we like to use them anywhere we can, made in USA is important to us) but I see it is 16 bit if it is bipolar, and 15 bit unipolar, I did not look at the spec's close enough so I ordered the BX 04AD-1 to do what the customer wants. Just a $169 mistake don't like to make them but not too costly.
Thanks,
JW
-
"Unicast" is a networking term, but I understood what you were saying. As I am prone to say to my wife: "yes, I made that word up...but you understood, right?" ;)
-
The built in analog is 16 bit over the entire range. Other ranges are subsets of the entire range. For the Expansion modules, you can get the full 16 bit resolution. See chapter 8, page 22 of the BRX user manual: https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/brxuserm/ch8.pdf