Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: ATU on July 29, 2019, 02:56:56 PM

Title: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: ATU on July 29, 2019, 02:56:56 PM
When I do a Replace, is there a way to see how many times the replace happened? If not I would at least like to see how many times and in which modules the replace happened. It would be nice to have a full report on which rung but just knowing how many times would be ok.
Title: Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: Bolt on July 30, 2019, 06:33:19 PM
I would also like this.  Sometimes a do a replace and later find an unintended consequence of it, or a place I didn't realize it was being used.

How about a feature that when you do a replace/swap, it also replace/swaps the values of the registers in the PLC?  But, that could get complicated/dangerous real fast....
Title: Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: davidbgtx on July 31, 2019, 08:10:59 AM
I vote for this too, good idea ATU
Title: Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: BobO on July 31, 2019, 08:25:09 AM
Franj will have a better opinion, but I would think it would be pretty easy to dump a list of every instance into the output window. 
Title: Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: ATU on July 31, 2019, 10:23:59 AM
The output window would be fine. I was doing a replace and what I thought would happen didn't happen. What went through my mind was, where did I make a mistake and where did it do it?  If I had a list, then I would know if anything was replaced and where.
Title: Re: Replace/Swap box confirmation report?
Post by: franji1 on July 31, 2019, 12:02:38 PM
Franj will have a better opinion, but I would think it would be pretty easy to dump a list of every instance into the output window.

Agreed!