Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on July 28, 2019, 04:17:02 PM

Title: Dropdown Menu not working on external display (Win10)
Post by: Andrew S on July 28, 2019, 04:17:02 PM
Curious problem with DMD 2.6.1. I have a Win10 Surface Book 2 (Win ver: 1803). It has an external display driven from the USB-C port.

When the DMD windows is on the primary display the dropdowns don't appear to work. For instance the element-type drown down in the Data View doesn't drop down a menu when I click on it. It just alternately selects and deselects it when I click it. I also see it in the "Checksum Function" dropdown for the CHECKSUM instruction.

When I drag the window back to my primary display the dropdown functions normally. I don't need to restart DMD - it just works.

I don't have any other devices plugged in. Everything else seems to function normally. I don't see this behavior in any other native Windows program dropdowns.

Andrew.
Title: Re: Dropdown Menu not working on external display (Win10)
Post by: Andrew S on July 28, 2019, 04:32:29 PM
I've figured out what's going on.

If the scaling of the external display is different from the scaling of the main display the dropdown does appear but it's shifted to a different position on the screen.

In my case I have the main display scaled at 200% and the external display scaled at 100%. If i set the external display to 200% everything's great but at 100% the dropdown doesn't show on the screen.

If I rotate my external screen into portrait mode and move DMD to the right, I can see the dropdown to the left of the screen and scaled to the value of the main display.

Andrew.