Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: RBPLC on July 17, 2019, 11:51:28 AM

Title: BX-P-ECOMLT POM
Post by: RBPLC on July 17, 2019, 11:51:28 AM
New to the forum and new to the BRX platform. Can I connect BX-DM1E MPU's and EBC100-M expansion controllers on the main Ethernet port operating on one IP scheme (local ip addressing for the machine) and use the BX-P-ECOMLT to attach an HMI and/or a PC to program/monitor on a different network/IP scheme? Am I off base on attempting to use the BX-P-ECOMLT to "bridge" two networks?
Title: Re: BX-P-ECOMLT POM
Post by: franji1 on July 17, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
You can stick the BX-P-ECOMLT on a different sub-net, and basically have the on-board Ethernet port be an isolated network with your BX-EBC100-M on it.

However, there is no Ethernet "bridging" functionality available (i.e. be able to see devices on a different subnet that is connected to the on-board via the POM network).

If they were all on the same subnet, both physically and address-wise, you can see everything.  But I don't think that's what you are wanting.
Title: Re: BX-P-ECOMLT POM
Post by: RBPLC on July 17, 2019, 01:53:37 PM
Thanks franji1. It sounds like I'm on the right track from your reply. Bridging was not a good word choice. I'm looking to keep the machine on its own network while being able to program/monitor with computer and use an HMI that is on a different network. It appears that the BX-P-ECOMLT will allow me to do this.