Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on July 12, 2019, 05:25:28 PM

Title: CRC Check for SDCard files
Post by: Andrew S on July 12, 2019, 05:25:28 PM
Is there a command to do a CRC check on a file?

Andrew.
Title: Re: CRC Check for SDCard files
Post by: BobO on July 12, 2019, 07:25:28 PM
No. Wouldn't be hard to do it in the PLC code though.
Title: Re: CRC Check for SDCard files
Post by: Andrew S on July 12, 2019, 08:01:52 PM
I thought of that Bob but it's a large binary file. I wouldn't want to have to read it all in just to do a CRC check. Feature request?
Title: Re: CRC Check for SDCard files
Post by: BobO on July 12, 2019, 08:32:51 PM
I thought of that Bob but it's a large binary file. I wouldn't want to have to read it all in just to do a CRC check. Feature request?

Program block with about 4 stages. Read 256 bytes at a time. Easy.
Title: Re: CRC Check for SDCard files
Post by: BobO on July 12, 2019, 08:58:34 PM
We use a modified BRX CPU as a test and programming station for production. Do a whole lot of stuff like this.