Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: ATU on July 08, 2019, 02:46:37 PM

Title: SD Card Formating
Post by: ATU on July 08, 2019, 02:46:37 PM
I purchased a microSd card from AD, but it unfortunately it was formatted in another device and I am trying to get it back to the original format. I tried to format it in Windows10, but it keeps failing.  I tried to format it in DMD, but I read that it is not supported. Is there something special you have to do to format them for use in the BRX?
Title: Re: SD Card Formating
Post by: franji1 on July 08, 2019, 03:00:42 PM
Right click on the media/drive in Windows 10 Explorer.

Do NOT do a Quick Format.  Format in FAT32 format.

Remember to Right Click on the media/drive and EJECT from Windows Explorer before removing the media from your PC.
Title: Re: SD Card Formating
Post by: ATU on July 08, 2019, 04:19:43 PM
It fails the Windows format right at the end. Yes, the Lock is off. What is the Allocation Unit Size?  I set it for default.
Title: Re: SD Card Formating
Post by: BobO on July 08, 2019, 04:24:11 PM
I had some cases where Windows format failed. I used a third party app made by one of the SDCard manufacturers. Sorry, I don't recall which it was.
Title: Re: SD Card Formating
Post by: Andrew S on July 08, 2019, 04:43:54 PM
I've used the tool from the SD Association.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Title: Re: SD Card Formating
Post by: BobO on July 08, 2019, 04:46:10 PM
I've used the tool from the SD Association.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

I believe this is the one I used also.