Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Andrew S on July 07, 2019, 10:44:02 PM
-
I've looked to see if there's a config option to change these two behaviors but I've not found them so here's a couple of feature suggestions for you.
1. I'd like to see a config option that disables the delete-confirmation dialog.
2. I'd like the ladder editor to remain at its position when a rung is deleted instead of returning to the top.
Coming from a traditional programming background I'm used to debugging by adding temporary statements (rungs) so I'm always adding and removing them. It kills my workflow to have to confirm every delete and then go back and find my previous position. I can see the benefit in having the confirmation dialog but it would be great if it could be defeated.
Andrew.
-
I've looked to see if there's a config option to change these two behaviors but I've not found them so here's a couple of feature suggestions for you.
1. I'd like to see a config option that disables the delete-confirmation dialog.
2. I'd like the ladder editor to remain at its position when a rung is deleted instead of returning to the top.
Coming from a traditional programming background I'm used to debugging by adding temporary statements (rungs) so I'm always adding and removing them. It kills my workflow to have to confirm every delete and then go back and find my previous position. I can see the benefit in having the confirmation dialog but it would be great if it could be defeated.
Andrew.
I'm drawing a blank here. I don't get either behavior. I highlight rungs with Shift-Arrow, then press Delete. No confirmation, screen stays put.
-
I've not been selecting the rung. I've just been clicking on the power rail of the rung then pressing delete. The behavior is different if the rung is clicked but not selected.
Now I know about selecting the rung I'll use that instead. Thanks Bob.
-
I've not been selecting the rung. I've just been clicking on the power rail of the rung then pressing delete. The behavior is different if the rung is clicked but not selected.
Now I know about selecting the rung I'll use that instead. Thanks Bob.
Dang...I didn't even know that was an option and apparently neither did others here.
-
...and we will definitely fix the going to the top. It shouldn't do that.
-
...and we will definitely fix the going to the top. It shouldn't do that.
Thank you.