Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: EDurako on May 13, 2019, 11:44:23 AM

Title: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 13, 2019, 11:44:23 AM
Hello,

I have exported my documentation (pictured below) and imported it into my C-More. I can't seem to find the clock bits in the C-more to sync my touch panel clock with the PLC.

I am using the serial POM and AutomationDirect Do-more Serial Symbolic Addressing (Full Memory) PLC protocol on my C-more.

What should I put into the fields to get my C-More to see the PLC time for syncing? I haven't had any problems with this before, although it was with the non-symbolic addressing PLC protocol.

I'm also curious what the difference is between the protocols?
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: BobO on May 13, 2019, 12:52:22 PM
I don't know much about C-more, others may be able to answer that.

The symbolic protocol was just an extension to Do-more comms that allows clients to pass element names instead of requiring access to the PLC's memory configuration. Everything is available by both protocols, but the C-more team chose to only support the built-in types initially. The symbolic interface makes it easier to access everything else.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: ADC Product Engineer on May 14, 2019, 12:13:58 PM
Right now you have to use the memory locations somewhere in your PLC code.  I have initiated a request to have the $Now and a few other system structures exported automatically regardless of whether they are used or not.  I would suspect this change would be in the next version of software if HOST gets time to add it.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 14, 2019, 12:16:06 PM
Thank you. Is there a correct way to add them manually in the C-more? I added them to my logic and they still didn?t export. Is that what you would expect to have happened?
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on May 14, 2019, 01:52:10 PM
Thank you. Is there a correct way to add them manually in the C-more? I added them to my logic and they still didn?t export. Is that what you would expect to have happened?

That should have worked.  Maybe you are not importing on the Symbolic driver?  There are 2 C-more drivers.  Make sure you are importing in C-more using the Do-more Symbolic driver.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 14, 2019, 02:00:41 PM
This is how I have tried it several time, no luck. I think I have it setup the way you said to.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 14, 2019, 02:03:36 PM
here is what I pick in Do-More
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on May 14, 2019, 03:04:13 PM
This is how I have tried it several time, no luck. I think I have it setup the way you said to.

I am not a C-more guy, so if somebody out there knows if this is how the Symbolic Driver import works, that would help.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on May 15, 2019, 09:17:19 AM
I was able to duplicate the issue.  Should be easy to fix.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 15, 2019, 10:06:59 AM
Ok, thank you!
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on May 15, 2019, 10:22:14 AM
As a work-around, paste these lines inside the #BEGIN DM_NICKNAMES section near the bottom of the export file, then import into C-more

$Now.Year,UNSIGNED_INT_16,SDT0.Year,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Month,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Month,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Day,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Day,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.DayOfWeek,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.DayOfWeek,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Hour,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Hour,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Minute,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Minute,BBLOCK,SDT
$Now.Second,UNSIGNED_INT_8,SDT0.Second,BBLOCK,SDT
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 15, 2019, 10:59:30 AM
I could not get this work around to import into the C-more. I get a funny error
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 15, 2019, 11:02:03 AM
I could not get this work around to import into the C-more. I get a funny error

I uploaded the wrong screen shot to my previous post
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on May 15, 2019, 11:04:01 AM
Yeah, you edited it in Excel at some point, so it added a bunch of commas.  The default file type is .CSV (the first radio button), but the C-more exports are TXT files (with some comma separated lines, but it's actually TXT, not CSV).

You will need to export it again, and change the file type to .TXT in the Save dialog in Designer.  Then edit the text file in your favorite text editor.
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on May 15, 2019, 11:08:52 AM
I changed it to .txt then back to .csv and I now have the added tags!!!

Thank you so much for the help!
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: EDurako on August 02, 2019, 01:51:33 PM
I was able to duplicate the issue.  Should be easy to fix.

franji1, any luck on this fix? I'm using Do-more Designer 2.6.1 but I don't see any of the used system bits being transferred over.

Now I'm looking for $BatteryLow (ST149)
Title: Re: BRX to C-more clock
Post by: franji1 on August 02, 2019, 02:25:01 PM
Not sure if this will get into a planned 2.6.2.