Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: Garyhlucas on March 12, 2019, 05:38:03 PM

Title: Adding an Analog module to a Do-More Terminator PLC
Post by: Garyhlucas on March 12, 2019, 05:38:03 PM
I need to add another analog module to a DoMore using the Terminator I/O. Physically I have two racks, one with CPU and inputs, and a second connected by a cable with the outputs.  The problem is there is no room to add onto the right end of the second rack and it needs to go on the right end of the first rack which is physically slot 5.  Will I be able to address this module as being the last module so I don't need to hack the program and move all the I/O so the physical and logical I/O match up?

Thanks,
Title: Re: Adding an Analog module to a Do-More Terminator PLC
Post by: brucek on March 13, 2019, 07:26:22 AM
As long as its DoMore you can make the address whatever you want in the system config I/O section.
Title: Re: Adding an Analog module to a Do-More Terminator PLC
Post by: Garyhlucas on March 13, 2019, 01:41:29 PM
I was thinking that but I am an intermitent programmer. Pretty much every time I need to do programming it has been 6 months since the last session and I spend a lot of time relearning stuff. You never actually get any better this way.

Thanks,
Title: Re: Adding an Analog module to a Do-More Terminator PLC
Post by: BobO on March 13, 2019, 03:46:13 PM
We have a name for that: Perpetual Intermediate. The bulk of our users fall in that category, and it is a major point of consideration for some of our current and planned UI improvements.