Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: OrionHE on February 21, 2019, 01:05:43 PM
-
Hi folks. I'm trying to troubleshoot and support a PLC in a different country. DNS is DNS, right? Currently, I get this guy:
Attempted operation not supported by device in DNSLOOKUP @00003AB2 (DNSLOOKUP at NetworkTimeSet@19)
It's never been a problem on other projects. My CPU version info:
Do-more: 2.3.0
OS: 2.3.0
Booter: 3.0.7
FPGA: 3.7
Hardware: 7D
Any reason why I can't use DNSLOOKUP on this firmware? Also, what's an error (-2)?
-
I think that -2 is the result of a failed DNS lookup returning the wrong error, but the failure is real...meaning...the server wasn't able to resolve the name to an address.
-
Ok. Oddly, the Error bit never gets set, and the wording "attempted operation not supported by device" makes me wonder. What device wouldn't allow this operation? H2-DM1-E? @IntEthernet?
-
Ok. Oddly, the Error bit never gets set, and the wording "attempted operation not supported by device" makes me wonder. What device wouldn't allow this operation? H2-DM1-E? @IntEthernet?
It's a known problem. The lowest level driver is returning a value on failure which is being misinterpreted as a different problem at the device level.