Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: pbw on February 18, 2019, 03:15:58 PM
-
I got a 36 point BRX that won't stop rebooting if its in run mode.BX-DM1-36ER3
It's on a PLC that has run for a year, I was doing an update and suddenly it starts rebooting until I take it out of Run mode.
I figured it was my code (which I'm sure it is), so I uploaded the code to a M series that I had laying around and it seems to function OK.
Then I Cleared the 36_BRX, uploaded a Relay flasher program which executed fine.
Then I up loaded the Old program to the SDCard (I created a PLC image file before I wiped it, because I didn't want to lose my Ram Data) and the same Boot Loop Issue instantly appeared.
I don't have any reboot instructions in the Code.
The log file states "System was turned Off"
Any suggestions?
-
Send us the image, we'll see if we can dupe it.
-
Sent you an email.
I was able to dupe it on the M series if I uploaded the Image with the SD Card.
The issue is in Code Block TempSensors/Stage5/Rung45
If I delete this rung, it functions fine.
-
Have duped. Are digging into it now. Should know something shortly.
-
Found it. It is a breakdown on our end, and we need to decide what to do about it. Specifically, it is the RSTT instruction in the rung you mentioned. It was not designed to accept an indirect reference, but apparently the ladder editor is allowing it. It isn't super difficult to make it work with an indirect reference...which clearly you wanted it to do...so we'll probably extend the instruction.
Sorry...and thank you for your patience.
-
Yes, I was trying to access with indirect addressing.
The work around currently is to reset it by accessing the timers.acc file with indirect reference.
Thanks Bob.