Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: koit_n on January 07, 2019, 01:03:17 PM

Title: losing @RamFS file
Post by: koit_n on January 07, 2019, 01:03:17 PM
Hi,
I am utilizing an H2-DM1E to control a production tester.  I log data from each test to @RamFS with a FILELOG instruction, creating a .csv file.  I then Browse the PLC File System to access the log file I am creating.
The problem I am having is that when I power down the PLC, it seems to erase the .csv file in memory.
Does anyone know how to prevent this?
Thanks!
Title: Re: losing @RamFS file
Post by: BobO on January 07, 2019, 02:28:12 PM
The ram file system isn't retentive. It's just there as a work space to build temporary files, like logs before emailing. The SDCard is for retentive files.
Title: Re: losing @RamFS file
Post by: koit_n on January 07, 2019, 04:05:46 PM
OK - thanks.  I guess it is unfortunate that I picked a series that doesn't have an SD card.
Title: Re: losing @RamFS file
Post by: BobO on January 07, 2019, 04:38:15 PM
OK - thanks.  I guess it is unfortunate that I picked a series that doesn't have an SD card.

Ah...sorry. The file systems were developed for BRX. We added the ram FS to the other platforms knowing it was limited, but still helpful for stuff like emailing logs.