Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: ATU on December 18, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

Title: Changing CPU Type?
Post by: ATU on December 18, 2018, 04:26:03 PM
Is there a way in Offline mode to change the CPU Model type?  I had developed the program using one type of BRX CPU and needed to put the same program in a different BRX CPU type. I couldn't find an easily apparent way to do this. Eventually, I connected online with the program, downloaded it and then it recognized the change. Other programing packages have a specific utility to change the CPU type in OFFLINE mode. What is the procedure for doing it with the BRX?
Title: Re: Changing CPU Type?
Post by: franji1 on December 18, 2018, 04:57:26 PM
PLC->Offline Setup
OR
click on the Model Number panel in the Status Bar (to the right of the program size/capacity panel)
Title: Re: Changing CPU Type?
Post by: ATU on December 18, 2018, 05:21:59 PM
Thanks!
My first instinct was to go to the System Configuration screen. I would like to see a button on the CPU Configuration page that says "CHANGE CPU TYPE" when offline. Or have a sub-level under CPU Configuration showing the Model Number, then click on that to change the CPU type when Offline.