Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: MVetrano on November 16, 2018, 09:37:35 AM

Title: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: MVetrano on November 16, 2018, 09:37:35 AM
I'm working on a project using a BRX BX-DM1-18ED1-D CPU. I tried o use the simulator but it didn't recognize this CPU.
Did I do something wrong or are these two not compatible?
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: franji1 on November 16, 2018, 11:28:30 AM
The Simulator is itself a PLC (a virtual PLC that runs on a PC, not PLC hardware).  It is technically just a different Do-more model/platform.  There is 205, Terminator, BRX, and Simulator platforms.  Each platform has its own set of capabilities, but 95% of them share a common base, making the Simulator an excellent platform for "kicking the tires" or doing some work when you don't have the dedicated PLC hardware available at the moment (think on a trans-continental flight - a lot of work can be done with just a laptop!).
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: MVetrano on November 16, 2018, 01:02:52 PM
I am trying to "Kick the Tires". I created my project in DMD2.3.2. I open the Simulator from the tool bar and select "go online and view the disc project". When I try to download my project, I get these warnings: 1. PLC type will change from BX-DM!-x to DM-sim
2. Device @main_axis will be removed due to missing system resource.
3. Heap item $main_axis will be removed due to missing system resources.

So what am I doing wrong?
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: BobO on November 16, 2018, 01:49:02 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong. DmD is telling you that the axis device doesn't exist on the simulator and will be removed from the project.

There is no simulation for the high speed I/O functions because they use specialized hardware that would be fairly difficult to simulate.
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: MVetrano on November 16, 2018, 01:58:40 PM
OK, thanks.
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: BobO on November 16, 2018, 02:06:25 PM
We've talked about adding dummy devices for everything that can't be simulated so that the program could be loaded and run, regardless of what has been used. The plan was to have the device always answer "Yep. Did that.", so that associated instructions would run normally. It probably wouldn't be hard to do that, but, we've got about 100 like that in the queue.  :o
Title: Re: BRX CPU and DoMore Simulator
Post by: Bobby on November 29, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
We've talked about adding dummy devices for everything that can't be simulated so that the program could be loaded and run, regardless of what has been used. The plan was to have the device always answer "Yep. Did that.", so that associated instructions would run normally. It probably wouldn't be hard to do that, but, we've got about 100 like that in the queue.  :o

This would be very handy! I do lot's of work on the road  8)