Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: deep6ixed on November 15, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

Title: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: deep6ixed on November 15, 2018, 01:29:39 PM
Was wondering if anyone here was had any experience with Do-More and the ProtosX.  Currently in the early design phases of some of our older equipment upgrades.  I'm planning on upgrading to either The D205 do more with our existing hardware in main panel or a BRX.  All the operators station are a distance away and I'm thinking of just using protosX to handle all the push buttons and lights and simplifying our setup.

Any users or advice? My focus is simplicity and safety.  I'm going to order a protoss coupler and use it with the simulator for bench testing.

My thought is for the plc to poll each station every .5 sec and then update the logic.  But I'm new to to this, and I'd live to have some of the more experienced guys give me pointers.

Tom
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: Controls Guy on November 15, 2018, 06:43:31 PM
I think 500ms is a little slow for pb's.  I think I'd do 100 or 250ms.  Wonder if PX has latching.
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: ATU on November 15, 2018, 08:54:46 PM
My focus is simplicity and safety.
Tom

Safety?  What kind of safety?
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: deep6ixed on November 15, 2018, 10:58:23 PM
I want fail safe design, on loss of comms, the system shuts down.  All actual safety circuits will be dual redundant hard wired.
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: ATU on November 15, 2018, 11:26:27 PM
I havn't used the ProtosX system, but have used a very similar WAGO system with a Modbus Fieldbus coupler. It was pretty swift with updates  around 10ms.
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: jwbaker3 on November 16, 2018, 12:36:15 PM
If we used a 205 with a H2 DM1E processor, we would use a remote 205 base with a EBC100, same spares, maps to the CPU as local I/O and you can have 300 feet between nodes. If we used the BRX we would use a BRX-DMIO for the remote I/O.

JW
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: PLCGuy on November 19, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
ATU, I used the wago 8 point with Protos and visa versa, but the analog cards do not seem to work on the Wago system.
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: ATU on November 19, 2018, 12:53:21 PM
I used all Wago for remote IO and the BRX PLC.  I didn't use the ProtosX, but I was commenting that they look similar. 
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: PLCGuy on November 20, 2018, 08:51:59 AM
I was just really surprised the modules for in/out worked. For reasons the analog cards are not interchangeable.
Title: Re: Do-More and ProtosX
Post by: ATU on November 20, 2018, 11:31:12 AM
I was considering the Protos, but the Analog card did not provide the 0-20ma option I needed. Certainly would have been less expensive. The conversion time would have been faster too.