Host Engineering Forum

General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: brucek on November 05, 2018, 09:16:35 AM

Title: PID Auto tune Question
Post by: brucek on November 05, 2018, 09:16:35 AM
This is my first time using PID and had a question about the auto tune.  I ran thru an auto tune and there is a message box at the bottom that says something (#) where the # increases as it goes thru the tuning. I think it stopped at 7. Then there are 3 buttons to click on the right hand side, one of which says copy to PIDINT. I didn't get a message saying auto tune complete or anything but the PID instruction did get new values, but if i click on the PIDINT button it say you must run an auto tune. I ended up copying the numbers put into the PID instruction into PIDINT but wasn't sure if the copy to PIDINT button was broke or if I didn't wait long enough for the auto tune to finish.

This is in the PID Overview screen BTW.
Title: Re: PID Auto tune Question
Post by: franji1 on November 05, 2018, 11:20:01 AM
You were looking either at the report of the auto tune completion OR you might have been looking at the history report of auto tune.  I am guessing it was the latter, and it starts off with the initial values (before running any auto tune).

FYI, the history is only maintained for THAT Designer session.