Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: JRB on October 20, 2018, 07:39:06 AM
-
I have a program where I have comparison statements like R500 < 45 . I want to change that to something like R500 < R100, or R500 < NicknameValue. The find function will allow me to find instances where I used the value 45, but the replace function will not allow me to use 45 as the term I want to replace. Is there another search and replace method that will work other than replacing all of them manually?
-
The clipboard is a little faster. Copy the desired contact Ctrl+C. Do Find 45, and if you get to a contact you want replaced, do Ctrl+V. F3 will Find Next. Do Ctrl+V. F3, ...
-
I tried your find and ctrl-V method, and it doesn?t do anything until I double click on the comparison instruction where the value was found. The default paste location is the left hand side of the compare instruction, so I have to tab over to get to the right side to be able to paste the new value in the compare instruction.
Also, pressing F3 inserts a normally closed contact.
The process is the same for me all the way up to the point of pasting a new value in the comparison cell versus typing a new value.
Or, I may still be doing something wrong. I am using Do-More Designer 2.3.2
Any chance of getting the find and replace to be able to replace constant values this way in a later revision?
Thanks.