Host Engineering Forum
General Category => Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software => Topic started by: mhw on August 23, 2018, 08:45:18 AM
-
There have been several times that DMD has froze when going online with a PLC. It only happens when the message comes up that there have been failed login attempts. It doesn't do it every time. This last time was on a H2-DM1E, and I selected "Please reset the count to zero". I am using DMD V2.3.2
-
You should read the section "Password Configuration" in the help file by pressing the F1 key while running DMD. It covers every thing you need to know.
-
I will assume that I am the only one that has this problem.
I had one yesterday that was at V1.4. I was able to login and update the firmware. The router at this location had been changed and was on a different subnet. I changed the address in the PLC and when I went to reconnect I received the message that there were 2 failed login events. It took numerous attempts before being able to get in. I have to keep shutting down DMD with the task manager and then try again.
Is there a way to disable the "reset failed login" dialog box?
-
Try doing a MANUAL RESET. This will restore to factory defaults. Of course this will wipe all the memory so you will have to restore you program.
Then if you doin't need a password, don't set one.
MANUAL RESET Procedure is:
Be aware that this manual reset clears everything in the controller, not just the Password Configuration.
This includes the ladder program, all of the user-created documentation and the current system configuration.
The manual reset of the controller is accomplished through a combination of DIP switch settings and controller mode switch manipulation. The required sequence is purposely very unique so as to make sure that chance of anyone accidentally executing the sequence is practically zero.
1. Set the DIP Switch and Mode Switch
Begin by powering down the controller.
Remove the controller from the base and record the location of the DIP switches (so they can be set back to their original position after the manual reset is finished.
Next set all of the DIP switches to the ON position.
Reinstall the controller in the base.
Set the controller mode switch to TERM (in the center location).
Power up the controller.
At this point the left bank of 4 LEDs should be blinking the 'stay in the boot loader sequence', that is, they should be blinking in sequence, from top to bottom then back to the top, alternating between red and green.
2. Mode Switch Sequence
Move the mode switch to RUN (to the left)
Move the mode switch to TERM (to the center)
Move the mode switch to RUN (to the left)
Move the mode switch to TERM (to the center)
Move the mode switch to STOP (to the right)
Move the mode switch to TERM (to the center) - the LEFT bank of 4 LEDs should now be ON
Note: if you want to terminate the reset at this point you can do so by moving switch to STOP instead of RUN
Move the mode switch to STOP (to the right) - the RIGHT bank of 4 LEDs should now be ON
Note: if you want to terminate the manual reset at this point you can only do so by powering down the controller.
Move the controller mode switch to TERM (to the center) - left bank LEDs begin flashing the power up sequence, and the ROM led should briefly be ON indicating that the data in the ROM is being rewritten. The LEDs will then begin flashing the 'staying in boot loader' sequence indicating the reset is complete.
3. Reset the DIP Switch and Mode Switch
Power down the controller.
Remove the controller from the base and return the DIP switches to their original positions.
Set the controller mode switch to TERM (in the center location).
Power up the controller and you should now be able to connect to the controller as the Default User with no password.
-
I think the problem has to do with latency in the Internet. A manual reset is not going to be an option. I can eventually get it to let me in, but it may take several tries. I do not want to remove the password because they are all on the Internet.
-
Try bumping up the timeout of your Comm Link by 2x just to see if there is something going on across the various "hops". So if it was 1000ms, bump it to 2000ms. Latency on the Internet can vary greatly, let alone what is on the network on the other side (e.g. something is broadcasting packets, causing the PLC to get busy processing those broadcasts, and unable to process actual packets in a timely manner).
-
Well that's nice to know that it is an internet connection.
I would have answer the problem differently.
Please, do not leave out crucial information.
-
Sorry that I have not been responsive or did not provide more details. The majority of my customers are agricultural and I have been extremely busy the past two months.
The problem still occurs on an irregular basis. I was mistaken and it is not an internet only problem. I have had it occur while connected to the LAN with WIFI and a cable. It has happened with a BRX, D2, and T1H. I almost never connect with USB so I don?t know if it is an Ethernet only problem. The likelihood of it occurring is indirectly proportional to the amount of available time that I have, or so it seems. I wonder if it something in my computer since no one else seems to be having a problem. I would love to be able to eliminate this feature. Can that be done in the .ini file?
Here is a summary of the problem. I will connect to a PLC and enter the correct password. DMD will read the program from the PLC and compare it to what is on the disk. If there have been failed login attempts it will then pop the dialog box giving the option to reset the count or don?t reset the count. This is when the program will lock up if it is going to, regardless of which button is pushed. I have left it set for 5-10 minutes to see if it would eventually free itself with no joy. The only way to move on is to either restart the computer or end DMD with the task manager. Sometimes when ending DMD it will pop the box asking if I want to save the project to the disk. I can choose yes or no and it will then shutdown. The next time I login it may work or it has taken up to 5 attempts before I get in.
Please help, Thanks.
-
This might be a longshot, but with the cable connected, check the details on the Local Area Connection and make sure you have only one Ipv4 address.
-
This might be a longshot, but with the cable connected, check the details on the Local Area Connection and make sure you have only one Ipv4 address.
I will check that the next time that I have a problem.
-
You can prevent this from ever happening by clearing DST386 from code.
-
You can prevent this from ever happening by clearing DST386 from code.
I do believe that if I could login and clear DST386 then I probably wouldn't have a problem to begin with.
-
I do believe that if I could login and clear DST386 then I probably wouldn't have a problem to begin with.
You said the problem was irregular and that you could eventually get in...right? Do so, and add a rung of logic that clears DST386.
I'm thinking this check is going away in DmD 2.4, but until then, my workaround should do the job.
-
You said the problem was irregular and that you could eventually get in...right? Do so, and add a rung of logic that clears DST386.
I'm thinking this check is going away in DmD 2.4, but until then, my workaround should do the job.
OK, so I'll take that as an acknowledgement that there is a known problem. The code will be added to all PLCs that I access in the future.
-
OK, so I'll take that as an acknowledgement that there is a known problem. The code will be added to all PLCs that I access in the future.
There is no known problem. The check that seems to be causing you issues was one that was added unnecessarily and we were already intending to remove it due to user annoyance.
-
Fixed - will be in the next release.
Changed it from a NAG dialog to being an entry in the output window. The new entry will clear the Failed Login Count when double-clicked.
The issue is that the modal NAG dialog shows up in the MIDDLE of connecting to a PLC. Rather than trying to figure out all the caveats of doing it that way, just scrap using a modal nag dialog and log an entry to the Output Window, which the user can address AFTER the project is connected to the PLC.