News:

• May 17, 2024, 03:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DIrectSoft5, DL05 and Trap Monitor  (Read 3424 times)

8bits

DIrectSoft5, DL05 and Trap Monitor
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »
Hello all,
When I purchased DirectSoft5 it came with a manual that indicates (pg. 10-25) that implies there is the Trap Monitor feature. I have been unable to find it. In the drop down for Debug it is not there or even shown grayed out option. I had the PLC in Test Run mode as described in the manual, but no trap monitor mode. ANy suggestions on what I have or have not done correctly.
Thanks in advance. I will also post on AD forum as I am looking for a quick reply.

Well, I Goggled "DL05 Trap Monitor" and discovered it is no longer available for the DL05   :(

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:53:44 AM by 8bits »

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: DIrectSoft5, DL05 and Trap Monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:18:14 AM »
Trap Monitor is only available on certain CPUs.  DirectSOFT is a single software package that can program all the DirectLogic PLCs, so some items get grayed-out when they are not supported on a specific CPU.  The DirectSOFT manual documents all of the features, but the PLC/CPU manual documents which features are available on which CPU.

8bits

Re: DIrectSoft5, DL05 and Trap Monitor
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:09:46 PM »
I guess the thing that was distorted is that both the current online manual as well as the recent printed manual (directSoft5 manual)
identify the DL05 as one of the processors that have Trap Monitor. This is on page 10-25 and includes the DL05. It would be a good to keep the online manual up to date. Usually I consider the online manual as the definitive documentation for a product.
I sent a little time thinking I was incompetent as I could not get it to work :-)
Anyhow, I did find it by doing a online search (Google) for "DL05 Trap Monitor" and the firmware list popped up.
It would be nice to have that feature if it is possible.