News:

• May 17, 2024, 03:29:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
If you are wanting to map it to the Y IDs, realize that if the count does not cause bits to be BYTE aligned, they are PADDED to the nearest WHOLE BYTE.  So the Slot 0 Y count is 4, but that doesn't mean that the first module's ID starts at Y4 (where onboard's 4 Y's are Y0 thru Y3).  That module actually starts at Y8 because the onboard eats up 8 (or 16 or 24 or 32) regardless of the physical count (HWINFO reports ACTUAL screw-head Y counts).  Hence, you have to do some MATH.  You have to adjust the counts as you go, (adjusted slot 0 + adjusted slot 1 + adjusted slot 2), not at the end (can't just adjust (slot 0 + slot 1 + slot 2).

Another caveat if you are looking for ID calculations is if you use Manual Mapping - you could have an expansion module start at Y400!  That info is not available.
Not a bad solution at all, thanks!
Is there a way to programmatically determine how many discrete outputs exist?
If no expansion modules, Y0-Y3. If only an 8 pt expansion module add Y8-15. If 16 pt expansion module instead then Y8-23 also exist.
Not the same as DATAINFO for block size, but actual initialized quantity is what I'm after.

Not at present. The closest you could get is using HWINFO to determine what hardware is present and do the math.
Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software / Determine Discrete Output Existance
« Last post by Bolt on May 14, 2024, 10:46:09 AM »
Is there a way to programmatically determine how many discrete outputs exist?
If no expansion modules, Y0-Y3. If only an 8 pt expansion module add Y8-15. If 16 pt expansion module instead then Y8-23 also exist.
Not the same as DATAINFO for block size, but actual initialized quantity is what I'm after.
General Discussion / Re: Remote IO & Power Outages
« Last post by BobO on May 10, 2024, 06:43:37 PM »
Any chance you would be able to give me some advice on how to "craft the logic" to do such a thing?  :)

Kinda hard to say without seeing your program. The key thing is that $EthIOMaster.Error will be on any time there is an error in a remote I/O slave. When the error resolves, that bit will clear.

One way to handle this would be to drive all physical outputs into intermediate locations rather than drive the Ys directly. Use a MAPIO instruction to drive the physical I/O with the intermediate value. When there is an I/O error, disable the MAPIO instruction and use a second rung to drive your outputs off, essentially mimicing program mode. Indirection between the outputs the program drives and the physical I/O point also provides other benefits like allowing you to bypass a point, or easily move a point to a different physical location, or to easily force a point, so it's not a bad method to use regardless.

Another approach would be to use an ENDC (a conditional END) instruction at the top of each code block to easily bypass all logic that you don't want to run.

A complete implementation would probably use a combination of the two approaches.
« Last post by rawbutta on May 10, 2024, 03:41:22 PM »
Any chance you would be able to give me some advice on how to "craft the logic" to do such a thing?  :)
« Last post by BobO on May 10, 2024, 03:21:58 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've got a site with multiple BX-DMIO PLC's Peerlinking, and each PLC has at least 1 or more Ethernet Remote IO Controllers (BX-EBC's).

The main issue I'm having is when we have power outages (which has become a regular occurance of late), The network switch (Ubiquiti) seems to take longer to boot up and get going than the PLC's. So all the PLC's can't find their nodes and get upset.... as they should.

Is there a way to reset the PLC's back to 'RUN' mode automatically once the network is up and it can see the remote IO controllers?

Cheers

No, sorry. There is a way to stay in run mode even during failure and a way to monitor the remotes health, so you could craft your logic to stay in a dormant state until all slaves reported in.
General Discussion / Remote IO & Power Outages
« Last post by rawbutta on May 09, 2024, 10:25:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've got a site with multiple BX-DMIO PLC's Peerlinking, and each PLC has at least 1 or more Ethernet Remote IO Controllers (BX-EBC's).

The main issue I'm having is when we have power outages (which has become a regular occurance of late), The network switch (Ubiquiti) seems to take longer to boot up and get going than the PLC's. So all the PLC's can't find their nodes and get upset.... as they should.

Is there a way to reset the PLC's back to 'RUN' mode automatically once the network is up and it can see the remote IO controllers?

Cheers
  I'd like to access weather station data on weatherlink.com with a brx with onboard ethernet. Attached is a screenshot of the API token that I think I will need to communicate. Just looking for general direction on how to get started, maybe a link to a domore help topic.

Api Weatherlink data:  https://weatherlink.github.io/v2-api/

You would most likely use the HTTPCMD instruction in the BRX and in the http Server box, set the by Name to "weatherlink.github.io". Then in the HTTP Request box, use a Request Method of GET, and set the Request string to "/v2/..." where the ... would include your weather station's id and your api-key. But you'd have to consult WeatherLink's documentation to find out the syntax of that request.
Do-more CPUs and Do-more Designer Software / Re: Remote Dynamic Web Page CORS error
« Last post by Jeff on May 07, 2024, 07:46:31 PM »
Greg,
I set up an apache2 web server on Raspberry Pi.  Apache2 has line items in their configuration file to work around CORS errors.  For some reason this did not work for me in having a web page access data from the Simulator or BRX.

I set up a Proxy Server on the Raspberry Pi (Privoxy).  It also has lines to add to the configuration file to work around cross domain errors.  This did not work for me with ether the Simulator or BRX hardware.
If I use the Chrome extension moesif my web page is always populated with data.

I appreciate your willingness to add this issue to the white pages in Do-More system configuration.  I am out of ideas for a work around.
Thank you for your efforts.

The BRX & Do-More make for an incredible monitoring system.
Between the ability to E-mail and have a dynamic web page showing all parameters in close to real time amazes me and my customers.
Jeff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10