News:

• May 17, 2024, 12:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CTRIO Workbench won't communicate with D2-260 CPU  (Read 3028 times)

Ryan Borgerding

CTRIO Workbench won't communicate with D2-260 CPU
« on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:53 PM »
I'm having a weird issue where I can't get the CTRIO Workbench software to communicate with the PLC.  I've tried using a serial cable connected to port 1 of the CPU and also a crossover Ethernet cable connected to an H2-ECOM100 module.  Both links show that they are active and I can use them to program the CPU, but when I launch CTRIO WB and select the link, nothing happens.  Under "Current PLC" the Type and Comm Status stay blank.  I'm running version 2.2.1 of CTRIO WB 2 - DirectLogic PLC.  The CPU has firmware 2.70.  CPU switch is in Term.  I've tried "Rescan".  I've tried run mode and program mode.  What am I missing?

Counter module is H2-CTRIO2.

It has been a while since I've configured a CTRIO module, so it may be I'm doing something stupid, but it seems really strange that I can talk to the CPU with the programming software, but not CTRIO WB.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: CTRIO Workbench won't communicate with D2-260 CPU
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:05 PM »
Make sure your serial links are using K-Sequence protocol.  DirectNET cannot talk across the backplane to a CTRIO module, but K-Sequence can.

ADC Product Engineer

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:52:59 AM »
If you still have problems after checking your link, try putting the PLC in stop mode.  If that doesn't do it, pull all of the modules except the CTRIO2 and try like that.

Note that both of the above should be unnecessary, but I have seem a couple of systems that it did the trick on for whatever reason.

Ryan Borgerding

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys.  I believe my issue was caused by installing the CTRIO module in slot 0.  I misread the manual initially.  After moving the module to slot 1 and updating the I/O config, everything worked normally.