News:

• May 18, 2024, 04:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: D2-262 Direct Logic PLC - WHS1 Panasonic HMI  (Read 1913 times)

Sarcio

D2-262 Direct Logic PLC - WHS1 Panasonic HMI
« on: December 08, 2023, 09:45:14 PM »
 Hello everybody.

A little background: I was asked if I could build a new control for a piece of industrial equipment. There are six quadrature encoders, we need a display, various presets, and all the controls. I said I could do it, then set out to learn how to do it. I am starting to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew. As implied, I am a complete newbie when it comes to programming (though I have built control circuits before.) At this point, I don't know what I don't know.

I am trying to set up MODBUS RS485 between a Direct Logic D2-262 plc and a WHS1 Panasonic HMI. I am having some difficulty getting them to talk to each other. I have experimented with the communication parameters for the plc and the hmi, the memory type/offset, the program, etc. So far, no joy.
 Using an oscilloscope, I verified there are regular pulses on the twisted pair.
 I have attached some screenshots of the communication parameters. If anyone has any ideas that I could try, I would be very grateful.

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: D2-262 Direct Logic PLC - WHS1 Panasonic HMI
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 12:18:49 PM »
You might have better luck posting this on Automation Direct's forum. We here at Host Engineering didn't design any of the hardware you are using. We did, however, write DirectSOFT. But in this case, it is just the "messenger boy."
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

Sarcio

Re: D2-262 Direct Logic PLC - WHS1 Panasonic HMI
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 08:00:40 PM »
 An update: the Node ID in the Panasonic HMI needs to match the Port number in the Direct Logic PLC. Also, my MODBUS addressing was faulty. I switched to RS232 so I could use DirectNET and everything works. (DirectNET is not compatible with RS485.)