News:

• May 18, 2024, 06:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Linear servo actuator  (Read 2092 times)

unsyndicated

Linear servo actuator
« on: February 25, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
First you'll have to forgive my ignorance on the subject.

I've used the sure step setup before and have a working hydraulic servo valve. 

Now I'm looking to replace some hydraulic cylinders with some Linear servo actuators, Like the kind Tolomatic or Exlar make.  First i'm sure the domore designer has the capability to control these, but is there a certain brand/drive that just plays nicer with the Designer software?

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Linear servo actuator
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 03:12:21 PM »
No.

You asked this question under "CTRIO and CTRIO2," which would only apply to Do-more PLCs that plug into the DL205 or Terminator I/O. The CTRIO/CTRIO2 output generic pulses for drives as either step/dir or CW/CCW. The faster CTRIO2 might be more suitable to a servo which generally requires higher frequency. However, if you are using Do-more Deisgner, you can also utilize the much easier-to-use Do-more BRX series PLCs for interfacing to drives. They have built-in high-speed I/O and also support HSIO modules (not CTRIOs), which are also more functional, faster, and easier to use. The BRX pulse outputs also can output pulses in quadrature style instead of just CW/CCW and step/dir. They are also even faster than the CTRIOs.

Something to consider.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.