News:

• May 18, 2024, 04:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error writing Program memory  (Read 13998 times)

praveen

Error writing Program memory
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »
We work with several DL06 PLCs from automationdirect. I have this strange error in only one PLC. Whenever I try to write a new program using dnloader, I encounter "Error writing program memory". It is strange that this happens with only one PLC. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Praveen

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Error writing Program memory
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »
It is strange that this is only happening with one DL06 and the rest work fine. Are you loading the exact same DNLoader file (.DAT) into it as the others? If so, and you have the means to do so, you might try "jiggling the handle" (i.e. clearing the DL06's memory, including the scratch-pad) and trying again. If it is a different .DAT file, perhaps it is corrupted? You might have a new .DAT file created. Or, you could send that .DAT file to me and I can see if I can duplicate it here on our DL06s.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

praveen

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
Its the same DAT file. Anyways, I will try to "loosen the handle" and get back to you. But its worth noting that this DL06 works fine with Direct Logic software.
Thanks

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
Are you using Port 2 on the 06?  If you are using Port 2, could it be configured as non-sequence or K-Sequence / Modbus master only mode (i.e. NOT DirectNET protocol)?