News:

• May 19, 2024, 03:04:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with DirectLogic06  (Read 2117 times)

RhettN98

Help with DirectLogic06
« on: October 05, 2022, 09:36:21 AM »
I am fairly new to PLC's and this is my first time working with a DL06 and DirectSoft6. The company I work for has received a fixture to test electronics. The company supplied a zip file of the "correct" program and I believe I successfully uploaded it, yet it still doesn't seem to be working properly. The program on DirectSoft6 shows to be running as intended. The physical DL06 also indicated that it is running, via the RUN light is lit up. Are there any other visual indicators on the DL06 that indicates it is outputting correctly?

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Help with DirectLogic06
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:06:28 AM »
If you put DirectSOFT6 in Status mode (from the menu --> Debug --> All Status On), and you are familiar with ladder logic, you can see the state of the inputs (left part of the rung; the contacts, for example) and the outputs (right side of the rung; the coils, for example), and how those correspond to the physical outputs on the DL06.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

RhettN98

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 10:01:04 AM »
When I did that everything appears to work as it is intended to. The tests that we are running does not require any inputs wired to the device. The program is using a RLLPLUS Stage Programming method and the output are in a DRUM. This type of program is a little bit beyond my understanding of ladder logic. We are worried that the outputs may have become damaged in shipping. Is the device supposed to light up on the row of LED's that indicate input and outputs when it is receiving or transmitting a signal?

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 10:47:19 AM »
Is the device supposed to light up on the row of LED's that indicate input and outputs when it is receiving or transmitting a signal?
It is not likely that outputs would be damaged in shipping. Yes, the LEDs light up on the inputs (Xs) when there is an input signal in the real world, and yes, the LEDs light up on the outputs (Ys) when that output is on. However, there will be no outputs if the DL06 is not in the RUN mode as indicated on the front. Also, you mentioned using Stage programming. The outputs will also not be on if that particular Stage is not enabled. When the Stage is not enabled, none of the logic in that Stage is scanned/executed.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.