News:

• May 02, 2024, 07:36:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CTRIO Confusion  (Read 1439 times)

Garyhlucas

CTRIO Confusion
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
I had to call AD tech support the other day because I really twisted my brain over trying to setup a CTRIO in Do-More.  I got it working properly with his help. Then I was trying to explain to my coworker what I was misunderstanding, and it became clear that he was misunderstanding in the same way. So maybe it isn't because I am left handed in a right handed world!

So on the setup screen for the CTRIO you have 3 tabs, labeled Channel 1, Channel 2, and Outputs.  The Channel 1 and the Channel 2 tabs are wide, have a number of options, and alternate when you select them and show options in two columns. The Output tab doesn't actually change, it is always visible and the same, and has one column.  Visually this led us both to think that selections for channels 1 and 2 were somehow linked to selections under the output tab. It us both quite a while to understand that this was not the case.  Once tech support got this through my head it all made sense and we were good to go.

So maybe some visual change would be a good idea, or put the Outputs on another page entirely where the input channels are not visible, making it clear what you are working on and what options are linked in the PLC.  Otherwise I am very pleased in how it is working for us.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?