News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Visual Basic 2010 and DirectLogic DL06's  (Read 26451 times)

CribbBC

Visual Basic 2010 and DirectLogic DL06's
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
A while back, the fine folks at Host Engineering sent my company the SKD for communicating between a windows program and some DirectLogic PLC's.  The small problem was that it was written for an older version of basic and wasn't completely compatible with the current programming software downloadable from Microsoft.  I edited the program some and created some new methods so that instead of having to figure out datatypes and hex values you now have functions that read like ReadValue("X0", 1), where the 1 is PLC #1, and it returns either "on" or "off".

The program is coded specifically for DirectLogic DL06 PLC's, and I make absolutely no claim to completely understanding the base SDK, but I thought I'd put it up in case someone else may want to take a look.  To get it to run, you'll need to put the HEI32_3 HEI_PAS dll's in the C: folder and you may need to download and install the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.

Anyway, the program and source code is attached and as always, any kind of feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

CribbBC

Re: Visual Basic 2010 and DirectLogic DL06's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
The .NET framework you need to install can be found at the microsoft web site here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851.  The total download should be around 40 - 50 MB.

Joseph Hofer

Re: Visual Basic 2010 and DirectLogic DL06's
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 04:59:04 PM »
CribbBC,

After reasearching a whole week for an easy-to-use TCP driver for Visual Basic and DL06, I came across your post.  Your program works perfectly!!  Thank you!!   :-* :-* ;)