News:

• May 05, 2024, 05:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do-More BRX controlling GS2 Drive using EDRV-100  (Read 16270 times)

jrayb

Do-More BRX controlling GS2 Drive using EDRV-100
« on: September 14, 2020, 12:33:42 PM »
Hey guys. I have a do more brx running 3 gs2 vfd's. everything is running as I have programmed it to, with the exception of one drive that i need to run in reverse from time to time. I have it programmed & am getting a solid reverse LED on the drive when I switch it to reverse. I am not getting a speed output to the drive though. I am using the same address to write the speed command to as I am when running forward but it will not produce a speed output in reverse. Reverse is enabled in the programming. Any help on this?

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
Re: Do-More BRX controlling GS2 Drive using EDRV-100
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:29:21 PM »
Don't know GS2's at all, but many drives have an absolute min and max Hz or rpm in their settings.   While you do have forward and reverse enabled, maybe your 'min' is 0Hz or 0rpm when it should be the negative of the max (forward).   Could also be a bad speed ref from the PLC, so check and make sure you can run in reverse with non-zero speed in manual from the keypad.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.