News:

• May 17, 2024, 03:54:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error saving and opening online projects  (Read 3875 times)

RyeGuy

Error saving and opening online projects
« on: December 29, 2022, 02:58:17 PM »
Hello, I have a couple of problems with the directsoft 6 software. I couldn't find a previous answer, and uninstalling and reinstall hasn't helped.

When I connect online I get an error "opening documentation database". After acknowledging it loads the program.

However, whenever I try to save to the disk it says Error copying files.

I temporarily get around this by exporting the program file so I can monitor offline. While doing this I still can't save the project to the disk, I get an error copying files and error writing program to disk dialog again.

Is there something I'm missing that is causing this?
Thank

Greg

• HostTech
  • Host Moderator
  • Hmmm...
    • Host Engineering, Inc.
Re: Error saving and opening online projects
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:12:43 PM »
Sounds like a possible corrupted database file. A clue sometimes that this has happened is if your documentation files are huge. Those files have a file extension of ESD, LCD, LDA, SCD.

DirectSOFT6 makes a backup copy of your project every time you save it. So, it is possible that you have a backup copy of your project that is not corrupted. This AutoSave feature stores files in:

c:\Users\Public\Documents\DirectSOFT6\Projects\Backup\AutoSave\<YourProjectName>\<date_time_stamp>

By default, it stores 3 or 4 previous copies. I forget which.

Browse to that location and see if you can open one of those saved files. Let us know if this doesn't work.
There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.

RyeGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 08:06:25 AM »
Unfortunately I'm unable to save the program so no backup was created.

I get the error opening documentation database whenever I try to connect to the PLC online (or even importing the text based program). This has happened on the past 5 units I tried to work so its not isolated to one particular CPU.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 09:48:20 AM »
It sounds like your projects folder no longer exists on your PC.

Open up the INI file via DSLaunch and look for the [PATHS] group and look for Projects.  Check to see if that folder has been removed or if your user account does not have permission to write to that folder (your IT group would know about the latter).