News:

• May 02, 2024, 04:17:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DL-405 and MB-Gateway  (Read 4744 times)

jneill

DL-405 and MB-Gateway
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
I have a DL-450 with an ECOM-100 and am using a MB-Gateway to try to talk to a gefran 2500 process controller, I can talk through the gateway going directly through a CMore HMI, but cannot get the ECOM to talk to or through the gateway. Would this be the correct place to ask for help or should I post on AutomationDirects site?

Thanks! James Neill

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: DL-405 and MB-Gateway
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:16:56 AM »
You first need to configure your ECOM100's IP Address/Subnet Mask.  Use the free NetEdit3 utility that runs on Windows.  Have you done that yet?

If so, make sure the IP Address and sub-net mask are consistent with your MB-Gateway's IP Address (i.e. they exist on the same subnet).

Next, you must configure your ECOM100's peer-to-peer table which maps simple "node id" used in your ladder logic ECRX/ECWX IBoxes to actual IP addresses.  This FAQ can help you out with that:
http://www.hosteng.com/FAQFiles/ECOM.htm#FAQ0050

Lastly, in your ECRX/ECWX instructions in your 450, you still must use "DL" element addressing for your Modbus addresses (e.g. Modbus Holding Register 40001 is mapped to V0) due to the limitations of the instruction set in the 450.  Because of the setup you did from FAQ50, the ECOM100 knows how to translate the node ID and V address to a specific IP Address and specific Modbus Request  This FAQ references a .PDF to help with that mapping (there's also a spreadsheet somewhere):
http://www.hosteng.com/FAQFiles/ECOM.htm#FAQ0038

jneill

Re: DL-405 and MB-Gateway
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
The ECOM100 has already been set up and I am using it to communicate with 30 Parker SSD drives now, I do not use IBoxes because of the amount of memory that they use. I can communicate with the Gefran 2500 process controller through the gateway useing a CMore HMI so for now not in a bind, but cannot seem to communicate through it from the PLC a (DL-450), do not get any errors, just nothing at all! Will post some of the code so it will make more sense. Sorry for the delay in response but working 10 to 12 hours a day trying to finish this project up!