News:

• May 18, 2024, 01:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ethernet Failure - BRX Stops Communicating  (Read 6303 times)

WRT2

Re: Ethernet Failure - BRX Stops Communicating
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 03:32:14 PM »
OK, I updated the OS yesterday. No adverse effects so far. No lock-ups so far.

I note that I can also reduce the likelihood of lock-ups by leaving comm sessions open whenever possible, and I can also use a REBOOT if a total comms loss is detected.

But for testing I have left the program unchanged.

AC

• I know what I know, and I don't know, what I don't
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 01:52:25 PM »
I am still having the same issue on some of the controllers we have. It's quite frustrating getting called out in the middle of the night for these but I do like the BRX controllers. The biggest problem I have is that Ive been waiting for several that I have on order for NINE months now. and several more since. I have been robbing peter to pay Paul and Peter is getting pissed.   Ship date was tomorrow and I just got an email stating now its next month. AGAIN.  I wish you'd just say hey, you cant get these for a year, instead of moving the goal post every time it gets close. It really does make me angry. I hate being deceived.
Never be too busy that you miss everything there is to be thankful for.

BobO

• Host Moderator
  • Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 03:41:58 PM »
I am still having the same issue on some of the controllers we have. It's quite frustrating getting called out in the middle of the night for these but I do like the BRX controllers. The biggest problem I have is that Ive been waiting for several that I have on order for NINE months now. and several more since. I have been robbing peter to pay Paul and Peter is getting pissed.   Ship date was tomorrow and I just got an email stating now its next month. AGAIN.  I wish you'd just say hey, you cant get these for a year, instead of moving the goal post every time it gets close. It really does make me angry. I hate being deceived.

I'm happy to send you the beta that may have the Modbus/TCP lockup resolved.

As for availability, we are generally about 3 months behind. We have parts for most products and are building as fast as we can. We have been reluctant to hire an additional shift, due to concerns that we would again stock out of parts, but supply is actually improving, so we are talking now about hiring.

There has been no intent on Host's part to deceive. We stock out, we get behind. We get parts, we try to catch up.

If you will tell me what orders are outstanding after 9 months, I'm happy to check with manufacturing to find out what the real status is.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

AC

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 10:10:52 PM »
Thanks BobO I appreciate your response. I shouldn't use the term deceived without knowing the full picture, I just have really been so far behind schedule because of the delays and I try to plan based on estimated ship dates. Its not so bad when its moved once, but I have had four different ship dates from September now to March... and yes I will gladly give you the order numbers (preferably through email or text) and I could more appropriately plan our work. I have seven panels built waiting on PLC's  and about to build up four more for PLC's I haven't even ordered yet.  Its been a long time coming for sure.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2023, 12:05:39 AM »
Thanks BobO I appreciate your response. I shouldn't use the term deceived without knowing the full picture, I just have really been so far behind schedule because of the delays and I try to plan based on estimated ship dates. Its not so bad when its moved once, but I have had four different ship dates from September now to March... and yes I will gladly give you the order numbers (preferably through email or text) and I could more appropriately plan our work. I have seven panels built waiting on PLC's  and about to build up four more for PLC's I haven't even ordered yet.  Its been a long time coming for sure.

You can PM me.
"It has recently come to our attention that users spend 95% of their time using 5% of the available features. That might be relevant." -BobO

AC

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2023, 08:45:23 AM »
Okay, how do I PM you here

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2023, 08:51:36 AM »
Okay, how do I PM you here

Either "My Messages" at the top, or you can click on my user name, and select "Send Personal Message".

WRT2

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2023, 08:30:30 AM »
After more than a month of running the Beta OS, I can report no more lockups, and without any other remediation necessary. Much happier.

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
After more than a month of running the Beta OS, I can report no more lockups, and without any other remediation necessary. Much happier.

Glad to hear it!

The consensus is that we broke something somewhere after 2.6, but we didn't change anything in the stack that would affect this, so I'm still puzzled as to why it suddenly changed. Once we were able to duplicate the symptom, we were able to see what in the stack was failing and come up with a decent fix, but there is no real logic about why it became a problem to start with. Only thing I can come up with is that some radio technology changed that introduced the conditions.

ryanastiefes

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2023, 12:13:11 PM »
BobO, when are you rolling out the new OS?

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2023, 02:43:31 PM »
BobO, when are you rolling out the new OS?

We have redesigned several boards to deal with part availability issues, and some of those changes had firmware implications, so that's one of the bigger reasons we haven't. Another big consideration was just in wanting to make sure that the changes actually dealt with the issue. Since it takes weeks to months for this failure to show up, we were dragging our feet a bit. With that said, there really isn't a good reason we can't package something up shortly. I'll see what we can do.

ryanastiefes

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 06:10:24 PM »
You mind sending the Beta OS my way?

drshanester

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2023, 01:56:49 PM »
Greetings All,

I am definitely have similar failures.  Having to cycle power on various BRX PLCs in remote sites to restore Modbus TCP communications (can't ping or connect with Do-More Designer, but HMIs seem to work during the failure...at least sometimes.  2nd hand info is questionable). 

Is there an update I can get that will help?  Thanks in advance (see my versions below).

Do-more Technology Versions:
Do-more Designer: 2.9
Disk Project: 2.9
PLC Project: 2.9
PLC OS: 2.9

Software Versions:
Do-more Designer: 2.9.3.30
PLC OS: 2.9.6
PLC Booter: 1.0.10
PLC FPGA: 1.15

Windows OS:
Windows 10 Enterprise (Build 19044)

BobO

• Host Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 02:09:58 PM »
Greetings All,

I am definitely have similar failures.  Having to cycle power on various BRX PLCs in remote sites to restore Modbus TCP communications (can't ping or connect with Do-More Designer, but HMIs seem to work during the failure...at least sometimes.  2nd hand info is questionable). 

Is there an update I can get that will help?  Thanks in advance (see my versions below).

Do-more Technology Versions:
Do-more Designer: 2.9
Disk Project: 2.9
PLC Project: 2.9
PLC OS: 2.9

Software Versions:
Do-more Designer: 2.9.3.30
PLC OS: 2.9.6
PLC Booter: 1.0.10
PLC FPGA: 1.15

Windows OS:
Windows 10 Enterprise (Build 19044)

We believe the last issue was fixed in OS version 2.9.7. There have been no reports of failure since we released it.

drshanester

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2023, 02:29:46 PM »
 :D  Thanks very much.  I will update asap.