News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Invert Power Flow keyboard shortcut  (Read 1893 times)

davidbgtx

• Host be the Most
Invert Power Flow keyboard shortcut
« on: July 12, 2018, 06:52:01 AM »
I have come to love the invert power flow contact and use it a lot. How about a keyboard shortcut for it, shift I or something.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
Re: Invert Power Flow keyboard shortcut
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
The "NOT contact" is very powerful, agreed.  I like to use it as the ELSE branch of an IF/THEN/ELSE construct.

Attached is one rung from the PID1 sample project that ships with Designer ($tTopOfScan, rung 3).  It optionally applies a filter or not to a raw analog input.  Basically if the signal is noisy, turn on X2 and it applies the filter, otherwise, the program uses the raw analog input value.  The analog input is in WX0 and the resulting "adjusted" value ends up in R10.

So, basically, it's
Code: [Select]
.  IF X2 THEN
.    FILTER WX0 to R10
.  ELSE
.    MOVE WX0 to R10 // do NOT filter
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:41:29 AM by franji1 »

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 01:35:05 PM »
Yeah, I love that thing to death, and I use it like that too, Franj1.

I also really like the inline one-shot.  DL has always had an option the guys with the inlines (AB, Siemens, Idec, etc) lacked, but both forms work well in different scenarios, so now you have both.

Thanks!

Any progress on getting them below stack level 1?
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

davidbgtx

• Host be the Most
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 01:42:19 PM »
I use like that too Franji, in stages a lot for if jmp here, else jmp there. I also like the one-shot and the I use the delta contact a lot.
As a wish, would like a keyboard shortcut like shift key/I or something, so I don't have to use mouse to pick it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:47:18 PM by davidbgtx »

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »
Any progress on getting them below stack level 1?

Sorry, no.  The complexity of doing true power flow of that instruction beyond the first stack level is much harder than it looks.

Controls Guy

• Internal Dev
  • Darth Ladder
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
OK, thanks for the update.
I retract my earlier statement that half of all politicians are crooks.  Half of all politicians are NOT crooks.  There.

Mike Nash

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:24:04 PM »
Slight change of subject, but still on hotkeys - the ">" is really inconvenient as it is in the rotation 5 "/" strokes after the default ">=". It's pretty unfortunate when I happen to need ">" more than ">=".

I realize it's due to the predecessors not having ">", but still...  It's only two "/" from "<", but that's hard to remember to do.

franji1

• Bit Weenie
  • Host Moderator
    • Host Engineering
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:05 AM »
I have come to love the invert power flow contact and use it a lot. How about a keyboard shortcut for it, shift I or something.

Implemented user assignable hot-keys in Designer 2.7.

We even predefined some examples, like Ctrl+3 for TMR and Ctrl+2 for the NOT contact!  But definitely assign them as you wish.  Just right click on the Instruction Toolbox and select Assign Instruction Hotkeys from the context menu.