Host Engineering Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2018, 09:08:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTRIO designations  (Read 137 times)
davidbgtx

Host be the Most

« on: July 10, 2018, 09:51:32 am »

With D0-More CTRIO what does ***.iReg1, ***.fReg1, ****.iReg2, xxx.fReg2 mean? I assume the i and f are for integer and float, but what is Reg1 and Reg2. Iam programming this unit offline and can't just "look" at the values to figure it out.
BobO
Host Moderator

Yes Pinky, Do-more will control the world!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:07:21 am »

The CTRIO is legacy from the typeless DL world. Each counter/timer function returned different values based on configuration, and those values are are returned in generic Reg1 and Reg2. Since the values could be integer or float we created a union so you could view as either.

You'll need to look at the documentation to determine what register stuff is coming back in, but generally, Reg1 is the one you will care about.

BRX makes all of this pain go away.

"We would rather apologize to 20% for what we chose not to do, than to apologize to 100% for what we did poorly." -BobO
Greg
HOS†ech
Host Moderator

Hmmm...

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:51 am »

@davidbgtx, if you go to Do-more Designer's Help File and pull up DMD0550 Help Topic (go to Search tab and type that in), then you can see what each of those designations mean for each configuration.

There are two types of people in the world; those that can extrapolate from incomplete data sets.
davidbgtx

Host be the Most

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 08:53:39 am »

@davidbgtx, if you go to Do-more Designer's Help File and pull up DMD0550 Help Topic (go to Search tab and type that in), then you can see what each of those designations mean for each configuration.

I searched help but missed that somehow, DMD has very good help files, I just don't search hard enough, or am not explicit enough in my searches I guess.
Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: